Humanities – excelsiorwriters.com
1. Surrealism is a new, unique out of the box way of portraying art for the unconsious mind. It provides a new way to express artwork in ways that wouldn’t be apart of the norm.
2. I take art iin entertaiment in the form of reading and books. I don’t really watch TV, and I don’t like or agree with how social media has turned out.
3. I think surrealism intersects with my form of art in entertainment as it’s an escape from reality and brings out a new way of thinking and kind of out of the normal day to day life. I think it’s important to take time to read and think and grow and learn more about something you are passionate about and can spread that passion to others.
4. Surrealism is all around us, in art in books, in movies, in ads, in media all sorts of things. Movies bring us to a new world unrealistic and so different from our own, and books bring us out of this close boxed thinking to the unthinkable. Media is unreal in how they present the perfect life and perfect people, and it’s just all around us in so many ways and for those who look for it.
5. Examples of surrealism:
6. Dali influenced art in so many ways. He allowed artist to follow suit in his idea of the unconsious mind and add in their own unique and passionate side to it. Also he gave those viewers a beautiful, out of the box way to portray art and think more about the reality in which we live.He brought out deep thoughts, feelings and beauty that was out of the norm, yet so interesting and aweing.
Based on the video, surrealism is a form of art that explores the prohibited land of the unconscious mind. You can put on the canvas all of your inner desires, no matter how wild they are.
- How do YOU take in art in entertainment? In what forms? Media? TV, computer games? Reading? Magazines?
I take in art in the form of watching television shows, using
phone apps, playing video games, reading, and also by using my
imagination and creativity when I do my makeup and pick out
my clothing items. All of these things entertain my mind because
they give me a creative outlet and help me expand my
imagination and they also allow me to look at other people’s
- How does surrealism intersect with the art that you take in? In greater society (media)?
I think that surrealism intersects with the art that I take in, such as watching television shows and doing my makeup, by allowing me to escape reality to a certain extent. When it comes to art, such as T.V. shows, the creators usually use their wildest thoughts, dreams, and unconscious scenarios to create a different reality that we chose to accept when we look at it because it makes us reflect on what is going on in some people’s minds and that can be entertaining. Also, in some cases we see how others’ artwork can be similar to some delusional ideas that we have had, but never got the chance to create.
- Is surrealism all around us? How so?
We see surrealism everywhere in our world, especially now a day with all of our technology and trends that are going on. We see it in all forms, such as, snapchat filters, outrageous clothing trends, toys, artworks, movies, ads, and even in building designs. We live in a generation that focuses a lot on creativity, which has caused an increase in surreal creations.
- Provide 3 examples of surrealism in 2018. Not in traditional art forms. Advertising? Tv shows? Technology? Life? Do not limit your self to images from the textbook! Use image
- How do you think Dali influenced artists of the future?
I think the way that Dali influenced artists of the future is by normalizing and opening the pathway to that form of artwork and making it more acceptable. He helped them by being a guide to them and showing them that it is okay to express your deepest thoughts, no matter how unrealistic they may seem and he showed them that you could create your own dream world and make it a reality.