Business Finance – excelsiorwriters.com
Ethics in Organizations
- Ethics in Organizations.pdf (44.874 KB)
- Critical Thinking – Learning Unit 3.pdf (178.214 KB)
Critical Thinking – Learning Unit 3Purpose of the AssessmentDuring the course of this Learning Units, we have looked at Ethics in the Workplace from a number of different angles. Viewing the nature of employment, how individuals are treated in the workplace, rights to privacy, drug testing, and other issues are all relevant topics. The purpose of this assessment will focus on looking at ethical dilemmas from an Individual point of view or a Communal point of view.Goal of the AssessmentAfter reading the Ethics in Organization article, you will use your knowledge and skill set to assess how ethical dilemmas are treated at your current (or former) place of work.Components of the AssignmentsPart One
- Read the Ethics in Organizations article that is found in Blackboard, or via the following link (https://www.scu.edu/ethics/ethics-resources/ethical-decision-making/ethics-in-organizations/)
- Provide analysis on what you believe to be the conclusions of Marvin Brown’s article. This question is purposely left open to your interpretation.
- Select one area of Employment Ethics to further explore. Privacy in the Workplace, Diversity, Affirmative Action, Drug Testing, are all valid choices but you may select anything that is of interest to you.
- Write about the topic from the Individual Point of View and then the Communal Point of View. Is there a best practice when it comes to implementing your topic of choice? Your analysis should include positives and negatives from each point of view, ranking of stakeholders, potential pitfalls, and how the topic has been implemented in the real world.